Summer is officially in full swing. The days are long, the nights are fun, and the 4th of July is just around the corner. For most Americans, Independence Day means cookouts at the grill and knocking back some fun, American inspired drinks. There’s no better way to celebrate with friends and family than to spend a fun day outdoors sipping cold drinks and eating crab cakes (well, for us Marylanders, anyway). We’ve got some great American inspired cocktail recipes to make your 4th of July party explosive.
Grown Up Lemonade – Nothing says an American summer like a lemonade stand. These cups may cost you a little bit more than 25 cents, though. You can make these in big batches to make your whole party happy!
- What you’ll need: 1 cup sugar, 8 1/3 cups water, 4 lemons (juiced), vodka, ice
- How to make it: Combine sugar and the 1/3 cup water in a saucepan. Heat on medium and bring to a boil until the sugar mixture is clear and becomes a syrup. Remove this from the stove and let it cool. Add syrup, the rest of the water, lemon juice, and vodka (up to you on the amount) into a pitcher. Pour over ice.
The Blue Orchard – This one is a little bit easier to make and is great for those who love the crisp taste of hard apple cider. Probably better to make these in singles rather than big batches.
- What you’ll need: 1 ½ oz blueberry schnapps, 1 ½ oz blue curacao, a bottle of your favorite hard cider
- How to make it: Add the first two ingredients to a glass over ice, add the hard cider, and stir.
Strawberry Sparkler – Everyone loves sparklers, and with this drink, they’re not just for kids anymore. The strawberry sparkler will appeal to your taste buds as well as your more playful side! This is a great one to drink while the fireworks are going off.
- What you’ll need – 6 oz. silver tequila, 2 oz. strawberry schnapps, 1 bottle rose champagne, 4 oz. limeade, 1 pint strawberries, 2 tbsp. sugar, 1 wedged lime
- How to make it – Prepare the strawberries by cleaning, quartering, and freezing them. Once they’re frozen, place three quarters at the bottom of a champagne flute or wine glass. Add the champagne to that glass and combine the rest of the ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and add to the champagne glass – this will give you about 10 glasses.
Enjoy your Fourth with some fun libations! You’ll need somewhere to go when the fireworks end. Grab your designated driver and come out to CVP to hang out with your favorite bartenders and DJ Buddah. We look forward to seeing you there! If you need directions or are curious about upcoming events, our website contains all the information you need or you can give us a call at 410.821.8155